The Sue & Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center is proud to announce our 2019 free Community Lecture Series (Community Lecture Series Flyer). Join our physician scientists and basic science researchers as they explore “hot topics” related to stem cells, clinical trials, therapies and the future of regenerative medicine as well as other events hosted at the Center.
Lectures held in the Thorp Conference Center, 4th Floor of Gross Hall
Hope vs. Hype, Anatomy of a Clinical Trial
- Cure is a 4-Letter Word
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Daniela Bota, MD, PhD & Brian Cummings, PhD
A Short History of Stem Cells & Bioethics
- The Continually Moving Target
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- Peter Donovan, PhD & Sid Golub, PhD
Chronic Lung Disease in Premature Babies
- Babies Learning to Breath
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Muhammad Aslam, MD & Aileen Anderson, PhD
Skin Regeneration, Trauma & Burns
- Skin without Scars?
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Makslim Plikus, PhD & Victor Joe, MD
Stem Cells to Study Inherited Heart Disease
- Mending a Broken Heart
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Michael Zaragoza, MD, PhD & Anna Grosberg, PhD
Radiation Biology and Stem Cells
- Treating the Cancer Treatment?
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Charles Limoli, PhD & Daniela Bota, MD, PhD
Stem Cell Insights into Epilepsy
- Seizures in a Petri Dish
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Diane O'Dowd, PhD & Jack Lin, MD
Next Generation Therapeutics & Diagnostics for Cancer
- New Uses for Stem Cells
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Weian Zhao, PhD & Elliot Botvinick, PhD
Trauma, Brain Injury & Epilepsy
- Stem Cells on the Brain
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Robert Hunt, PhD & Leonid Groysman, MD