SCRC Core Plan
SCRC Core Plan
SCRC Core Plan for Ramp Down
Effective 3/21/20 through 05/01/20
In response to the guidance from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, the SCRC plans to ramp down non-critical research including our core services in flow cytometry, imaging and non-imaging equipment (including training), cell culture techniques and training, as well as CRISPR gene editing from March, 21st - May, 1st 2020.
PIs and core users are asked to:
- Refrain from creating new bookings that relate to non-essential experiments
- Cancel current bookings that relate to non-essential
- Identify currently booked sessions that relate to critical* experiments
Confirm with core lab personnel to ensure these bookings will proceed and contact core lab personnel with questions, concerns.
Essential experiments are:
- Those for which cessation would be in conflict with funding agreements (consult with personnel in SPA or Beall Applied Innovation as applicable to assist you with determining if this is the case);
- Where the phasing down and restarting of the research would cause irreparable harm to the research project/program; or
- Related to improving general knowledge about the SARS CoV-2 virus (which causes the COVID-19 illness), and reducing the spread of COVID-19, including the development and testing of vaccine candidates.
Core Service Contacts:
Allia Fawaz email@example.com
Vanessa Scarfone firstname.lastname@example.org
Magnetic Cell Sorting
Christina Tu email@example.com
Stem Cell Courses